Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just back from trip #3

I just returned from my third trip to Ethiopia yesterday afternoon. I am still out of it. I guess I have jet lag. (thought I was immune) It did take me 24 hours to get home this time. Each trip it gets harder to say good by. I have made such wonderful friends. The school director, Muday is such a kind and generous person and I feel such a closeness to her. I also find I am feeling much more comfortable and at home in Addis, despite the vast cultural, social, and political differences from my own country. I really can't put into words the feeling. The people there are so kind and really care for, and respect each other despite the harsh living conditions and extreme poverty. They have shown me that we really don't need very much in this world to prosper. A strong spirit, love for family, the will to survive, and just the basic necessities mean so much more than a big house, nice clothes and an SUV.

More very soon.
Trish

No comments: