Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thoughts on the Next Trip to Ethiopia

For the past two weeks I have been working on a volunteer hand book to prepare the people who will be joining us this April. I really want to give them an idea of what is to come, but how do you tell someone to expect their life to be changed in a monumental way? It is something that has happened on every trip so far. People come back affected, and I love to see their eyes being opened to the warmth of people who have so little and appreciate so much.
My life has not been the same since my first visit to the school. I have a greater appreciation for what and who I have been blessed with and I have been shown how to truly love and care for my fellow human beings. I have learned to respect all beings and I know that one can never really imagine what it is like to walk in another's shoes. All common sense thoughts but easy to lose sight of.

I am looking forward to this trip not only because I miss the people I have grown to love in Ethiopia, but because I will have the opportunity to open the eyes and change the lives (hopefully for the better) of a great group of volunteers.

No comments: