Saturday, May 30, 2009

I know Times are Hard Now Here but Times are Always Hard in Ethiopia

Sometimes I wonder if I am doing the right thing. What have I gotten myself into? I then look at the pictures, the faces of the children, their eyes show me a glimpse of their soul. They are innocent and must depend on others for not only their future but their present survival.

I know I am doing the right thing.
We started this endeavor not really knowing what we were getting ourselves into. We knew nothing of incorporation, non profit, 501c3; we only knew our hearts had been touched and there was no turning back. Only just a bit over one year ago I a was volunteer hoping to make a little difference in the lives of some African children, now I lose sleep sometimes wondering how we are going raise enough money for them to eat 2 meals a day.We all know times are hard around the world right now and people don't have extra money to give away, so "Friends of Fresh and Green" must work even harder.  People are always reminding me of this fact but I can not tell the children "do you mind not eating for a few years the economy is really bad right now".  This is the time we have to really remember things could be a lot worse.  We can still help others.

There will always be people less fortunate then us and if they can smile, so can we.

Thank you for your help in feeding the children.  www.FriendsOfFreshAndGreen.org


No comments: